(Picture taken 5/16/10)
When I was in foster care at the Indiana House Rabbit Society, my foster mom wrote a description of me for would-be adopters. The first line was "Jessica is very food-motivated". This pretty much sums me up.
In the morning, for example, when Mom and Dad get out of bed, one of the first things they do is to let me out of my pen for run time. While I do enjoy wind sprints, I want my breakfast first. So, I buzz and dance around the feet of whoever's closest to the food container until they give it to me. (I have been known to make a racket in my pen if I hear them moving around and they have not come to feed me quickly enough. Hello! I'm hungry out here!)
(Picture taken 2/13/09)
I can also be a bit particular about how I eat my food. Order is important! I go for the tastiest things first. Dad has been bringing me a baby carrot or two with dinner lately, and once I catch a whiff of those, I have to find them so I can eat them first. I like to follow the carrots with whatever herb I'm being given. My personal favorite of those is mint, though I also love cilantro. After that, I'll nibble on things as the night goes along. I usually leave the boring old romaine for last.
Other sweets can compete with carrots for first in my order. I love banana, for instance. Apple was good, too, but it still comes second to carrots.
(Picture taken 12/26/10)
Picture #1 looks like a real rabbit feast! I admire your distinct order of preference and methodology for consumption.
ReplyDelete