Sunday, February 27, 2011

The Monster Under Your Bed

Sometimes I visit Mom in her craft room. Technically it is also the "guest room," so there is a bed in there. Underneath it is solid with drawers, but the top part come out over the base a bit, and with the comforter on the bed, there is a nice tunnelly hiding area, just right for bunnies.

 (Picture taken 3/28/10)

Things I like to do in this space:
  • crawl on my belly like a ninja. Most bunnies, in their spare time, are ninjas.
  • hide, because no one can see me, right?
  • loaf, because it's cozy and dark and I can pretend I am a wild bunny
  • surprise people!

(Picture taken 1/20/2010) 

Investigative bunny nose says....

(Picture taken 1/20/2010)

Surprise!

There are other fun things to do in the craft room, but I will address those at another time.

4 comments:

  1. I love loafing under mommy's bed. But, remember Jessica, the ninja thing's a secret. We don't want the humans to know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One time, Mom was sitting on the floor of her bedroom, where I am not allowed, and had the door open. While she was distracted playing with her computer, I hopped by very quietly, not making myself known till I was almost to the closet. Unfortunately, in my excitement, one of my footfalls was just a bit too loud, and my sneaking mission got terminated. If not for that mistake, I would be the best ninja ever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, that's some really impressive ninja work! Did you try again? We must not allow the humans to thwart us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. No, they're all vigilant and stuff now. On the occasions their guard is down and I am in an adventuring mood, I run around to Mom's side of the bed, hide underneath, and stomp a lot to freak people out. A couple times I got under the dresser, which is a real feat for a big bun like me and a low dresser like that. Double the freak-out with that, because in addition to stomping I also noisily bonk my head on the underside of the dresser.

    It pays off, though, because Mom uses a bag of cranberries to lure me out (and then pulls the door shut as soon as I get into the hall), and I cannot resist the sweet temptation of that cranberry smell.

    ReplyDelete