Tuesday, February 15, 2011

This is Obviously the Best Place

Last Saturday, Mom and Dad came upstairs together at my normal dinner time.  Dad usually brings dinner up by himself.  Usually, I wait until he gets upstairs, then follow him around until he either puts the food down or I trip him.  (That actually hasn't happened yet, but don't think it's because I haven't been trying.  It would get the food down to my level faster than waiting.)  Sometimes, if I'm really hungry, I'll perk up just at the sound of his voice.

Saturday night was very different than normal, though, and Mom and Dad couldn't figure it out.  They came upstairs, told me it was dinner time, and I didn't move.  Dad moved to the usual dinner spot, and I still didn't move.  The two of them speculated for a while, but it took them forever to come to the obvious conclusion.  I was just cozy!


See, the temperature around here is different depending on what day it is.  If it's a "people leave me alone all day" type of day, it gets pretty cold up here and I like to lay on the warm carpet Dad got me for my third birthday.  If it's a "people stay home all day" type of day, it stays warm and I lay on the cardboard of my warren or on the tile to stay cool.

Saturday was a "people stay home" day, but for some reason it didn't stay warm up here.  So, when they came up here, I was lounging in a warm place.  It makes sense to me.  I don't know why they were so worried about taking my picture, but I was so comfortable that I didn't even react when the camera flashed and beeped at me.


Mom made fun of me, I guess she just doesn't understand the pleasure of lounging in your own waste. Her loss!

(All pictures taken 2/12/11.)

1 comment:

  1. You look very comfortable to me. I totally get it. I don't see why your mom and dad wouldn't. I don't get humans sometimes.

    ReplyDelete