Saturday, February 5, 2011

A Field Trip to the Human Litter Box

As a nice clean domestic rabbit, I have a litterbox and I use it religiously. Aside from pooping, it is also good for naps. It turns out that Mom and Dad also have litterboxes, but theirs are a lot different than mine. Mine has hay and soft bedding; their litterboxes have ceramic and running water and nothing to eat.

(Picture taken 1/13/10)

When I am out to play, Mom often leaves the door to her litterbox open, because she knows I like exploring in there and it is safe for bunnies. Sometimes when she goes in to wash her hands, I thunder down the hall behind her and wait at her feet. When she starts to give me attention, I run away. This is a great game.

One of the features of the human litterbox is a big ceramic thing that I guess is used the way I use the back corner of my own litterbox. Except this is pretty good to hide under. I like to explore under it and bump it with my nose.

(Picture taken 1/13/10)

Additionally, I sometimes get put in here (along with my own litterbox) when Dad is vacuuming my usual area. Not a big fan of this. The vacuum is one of my favorite things to lay against when I am out to play and it is turned off (really!), but I don't like the noise it makes when Dad uses it. So I hide under the big ceramic thing until the noise goes away and Mom tells me to go play.

(Picture taken 1/14/10)

 Anyway, it's a pretty neat place, not too scary for a bunny unless I get into a tussle with the toilet brush, with some cool places to hide out and some good rugs to push around.

(Picture taken 1/14/10)

1 comment:

  1. I thought my cats were silly for hiding behind the toilet but I guess it's more popular than I thought! I found your blog today and it is adorable :)

    ReplyDelete