It's my sad duty to let Jessica's followers know that our little bunny passed away back on April 22. Now there is a big bunny-shaped hole in our hearts, and a small cremation box on a shelf in our living room, flanked by bunny-shaped candle holders and frequently adorned with a freshly cut sprig of mint from the front yard.
I had lots more pictures and videos that I never took the opportunity to write blog posts about - she was only four and a half, and I thought I had so much time to do those. I don't know yet if I will still write those up, or whether I will write them in my voice or in Jessica's voice. There was a wonderful joy in writing in the voice of a fuzzy vegetarian toddler princess. Please keep following as I decide what to do. I also don't know when another rabbit will join our household.
Here are the last few pictures we got of Jessica before her sudden decline.
(Picture taken 4/11/11)
(Picture taken 4/12/11)
(Picture taken 4/13/11)
(Picture taken 4/14/11)
We love you and miss you, Jessica, and we were blessed to have your little zen rabbit soul touch our lives. Binky free, baby girl. Thanks for everything.
Still here and still reading.
ReplyDeleteI am so sorry for your loss! They rip your heart out when they hop over the bridge ... and we can't cross yet to follow them! Please when you do decide to get another rabbit, please rescue another Big White Bun with Red Eyes! They are the best, but I'm sure you know that already, don't you? They are so often passed over in shelters. They are the best snugglers! Thank you for giving Jessica a good life and sharing peeks into that good life with your readers. I haven't read your posts yet, as I just learned of Jessica's passing from AbigailEmily. My heart belongs to all big white buns! I am owned by four bunnies and my heart bunny is Luna, my own BWB!
ReplyDelete